You have no items in your shopping cart.
Revive your boat's ailing battery with the help of the CTEK MXS 5.0T 8-Stage Battery Charger. The MXS 5.0T is a fully automatic "connect-and-forget" charger which provides unrivalled performance on lead-acid batteries. It offers intelligent features including battery diagnosis to establish if your battery can receive and retain a charge, an automatic desulphation step and a special reconditioning step that will revive and restore deeply discharged and stratified batteries. What's more, it has a built-in automatic temperature compensation mode which ensures the MXS 5.0T works great even in the most extreme conditions. It's very user-friendly and connecting it to your battery is impossible to get wrong. Should you make a mistake, a red error lamp will light up to tell you to connect it properly. Easy right? The MXS 5.0T is safe for you and your batteries so hook this up to your boat's batteries and keep them topped up and ready whenever you need them.
Intelligent programs and functions
The MXS 5.0 uses a unique and patented technology which charges batteries in an optimal way. There are three different programs and functions which can be used to ensure that your battery lasts longer.
Charging and maintenance charging
The MXS 5.0 charges your battery using a unique 8-stage process which supplies the right voltage to the battery at the right point in time in the charging cycle. The charger also automatically switches to maintenance charging for batteries left charging for more than ten days.
The program rectifies acid stratification through charging the battery at a higher voltage. The acid and water are therefore mixed through a controlled process. It's recommend that you recondition your battery once a year to ensure performance is maintained.
Charging in the cold and AGM batteries
A higher charge voltage is required at low temperatures. The program therefore increases the charging voltage to 14.7 volts instead of 14.4. This program is also excellent for AGM batteries.
8-Stage Battery Charging:
Step 1: Desulphation - pulsing voltage removes sulphates from the lead plates of the battery restoring the battery capacity
Step 2: Soft Start - tests if the battery can accept charge. Charging begins if the battery is OK
Step 3: Bulk - charging with maximum current until approximately 80 % battery capacity
Step 4: Battery ready to use - charging with declining current to maximize up to 100 % battery capacity
Step 5: Analyze - tests if the battery can hold charge. Batteries that cannot hold charge may need to be replaced
Step 6: Recondition - reconditioning function for deeply discharged batteries
Step 7: Fully charged battery - maintaining the battery voltage at maximum level by providing a constant voltage charge
Step 8: Maintenance charging - maintaining the battery at 95-100 % capacity. The charger monitors the battery voltage and gives a pulse when necessary to keep the battery fully charged
CTEK MXS 5.0T 8-Stage Battery Charger Features:
- Fully automatic 8-step charger
- Provides fully automatic charging and can be left attached for months
- Spark-proof and reverse polarity protected to ensure safety and vehicle electronics are not harmed during charging
- Charges, conditions and maintains all types of lead acid batteries: wet, MF, AGM, GEL, Dry and Calcium
- Energy-efficient charges that extend battery life, reducing unnecessary replacement and waste
- Used by leading vehicle manufacturers including Audi, Bentley, BMW, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Yamaha
CTEK MXS 5.0T 8-Stage Battery Charger Specifications:
- Charging voltage: 14.4/14.7/15.8 V
- Charging current max: 5A
- Battery capacity: 1.2-110 Ah, up to 160 Ah for maintenance
- Ripple: <4%
- Ambient temperature: -20C to +50c, output power is reduced automatically at high temperatures
- Battery size: 1.2-110AH up to 160ah for maintenance
- Insulation: IP65 (splash and dust proof)
- Weight: 0.6kg
- Dimensions (L x H x W): 168 x 65 x 38mm
- 5 Year Warranty!